Thursday, 15 January 2009

The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols



Title: The Boys Next Door
Author: Jennifer Echols
Summary: Lori lives for summertime on the lake. She spends all season wakeboarding, swimming, and hanging with her friends -- including the two hotties in the house next door. With the Vader brothers, Lori's always been one of the guys.

But while Lori and the "baby" brother, Adam, are inseparable friends, she can't deny a secret crush on Sean, the older Vader boy. This year Sean's been paying Lori a lot of attention, and not in a brotherly way.

But just as Lori decides to prove to Sean she's girlfriend material, she realizes that her role as girl friend to Adam may be even more important. And by trying so hard for the perfect summer romance, she could be going way overboard....

I so love chick lit books like this, it was really good -- I like books where the characters are flawed, it makes them more real, but you can still like them anyway. Like, Adam isn't perfect and there are times when you just want to shake some sense in to Lori and tell her she's after the wrong brother but I like her character, it's fun being inside her head, I love the way Jennifer Echols writes.

Adam is really adorable, I love that his character can be really sweet and sensitive while still appearing very bad ass and sexy at the same time. Sean is a total ass, but it's hard to hate him at times. Lori's dad cracks me up too. And I love that Lori is a sporty tomboy who is trying to be girly at times, like it's hilarious when she'll react to something then remember she's trying to appear more like a girl so she'll back track and her reaction is really funny. :)

This has been a terrible review, my head feels all weird -- but basically, the book is good, it's one of those books that leaves you smiling.

Not that anyone cares, but I pictured this guy as Adam:


And this guy as Sean:


This is the 3rd book I've read for the 50 book thing (I should so be further than 4 books by now, but I've been procrastinating a lot. As usual) I've decided that I might not review EVERY book out of the 50 that I read, just the ones I recommend or have something I want to say about (whether it be negative or positive). Which is why I'm not reviewing Mistletoe, the book of 4 short stories I read... it wasn't bad, it wasn't amazing either, it was just okay.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book.
    I've read books like that (I love chick lit, too).

    Ugh.
    It would be a longer, funnier comment but I gots the flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reallllly love this book. I just finished it. At one time, I wanted to actually cry because I thought that Adam and Lori weren't going to make up. Adam is such a cutie! I love how at the end, after all the fighting he did the thing with all the roses. So cute! Now, I want my summer to be like this! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.