Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List


Title: Naomi & Ely's No Kiss List Author(s): Rachel Cohn & David Levithan Summary: NYU freshmen Naomi and Ely have been BFF's since the cradle. Their friendship has even survived an affair between Naomi's dad and one of Ely's moms. But all that changes when Ely impetuously kisses Bruce, Naomi's boyfriend. When Bruce decides he wants to be with Ely, Naomi is forced to confront the romantic feelings she's always had for her best friend, despite their shared preference for boys.

I really like this book, it was a lot like Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist but the characters were noticibly different and there were a lot more of them. I think there was actually about 8 different POVS in the book (I loved the POV's of both Robin's, those two were awesome).

I love the way Rachel and David write, it's really catchy and there's a lot of one liners that'll just make you laugh and then there is really cute stuff (guy-Robin: "I am so yours, it's not even funny") and bits that'll make you think.

It's kind of cool that Norah from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist kind of has a cameo in the book too, via graffiti on a bathroom stall.

So, yeah, this review hasn't been very long but to sum up: Loved it, it's awesome. You should read it (especially if you liked Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist).

I think the only bad part of the whole book --and it's not even bad, it's just something that annoyed me a little-- was that in Naomi's POV's, sometimes little pictures/icons were used in place of words... which is kind of cool, but also annoying because it sort of interrupts the reading, the words can't just flow if they're interrupted by pictures.

Later.

P.s. OOOH! While looking for pictures on Google for the cover, I found out that it's being made into a movie and (I think) Hayden Panettiere will be playing Naomi... she's totally not who I pictured as Naomi (I pictured Naomi having long brown hair and being much taller and look more... tough? Not manly tough, but sort of like Megan Fox kind of tough looking, if that makes sense? But anyway, I like Hayden, so it'll be interesting to see... if it's even true about her being cast)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.