Monday, 16 March 2009

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Summary: When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder — much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing — not even a smear of blood — to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . .

Okay, there's a lot that I could say about this book but I'll probably just end up forgetting most of it or confusing you (and myself), so I'll just start by saying that I loved it - it's one of those books that just drew me in and I could picture the whole story really clearly in my head, like with Harry Potter, the way she described the world just made it so real and I loved the characters and it made me want to write (which for me, that's one of the signs of a good book - books that inspire me to want to go finish my own stories, there aren't a lot that do that, but this did).

Clary and Jace were awesome, I read some major spoilers about the two of them that made me not want to want them to be together but it was impossible not to while reading... and now I can't wait to read the next two books in the trilogy to see what happens with them (I'm so glad I waited till now to read this book, because if I had had to wait ages for the final book it would've drove me nuts - but the last book is out this month, awesome).

I loved it, I really can't wait to read the rest of the series, there's a certain plot twist--that you'll instantly know what I mean if you read it--that I really, really want to be resolved.

I really recommend you read it, it's awesome (especially if you like Harry Potter or urban fantasy stories or the whole "forbidden" romance thing.)

And just for fun, heres a fan made trailer for the book I found on youtube (which I love because I really like that song and Alexz Johnson is awesome):


Later.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, so...I've wanted this book for a while now, faffed about and haven't got it- so I haven't read the review properly, not to spoil it for myself, but knowing you love it is a great boost - I WILL BUY :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, I hope you like it (cause then I'd feel kind of bad for helping convince you to buy it if you didn't) - the review wasn't spoiler-y, I think I only put one actual spoiler in it, and you'd have to highlight to read it. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book. I'm actually rereading it now to prep for the 3rd book and I've entered a contest where I could win a free copy =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I THINK AND A SAW A LOT OF PEOPLE THINK IF YOU MAKE MOVIES OF IT ALEXZ JOHNSON SHOULD PLAY CLARY SHES AWESOME AND PERFECT FOR THE PART. DRESS HER UP AND SHES READY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE BOOKS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST BOOK WRITER EVER.I LOVE YOU MORE THEN STEPHINE MEYER KEEP WRITING YOU ROCK STORY WRITER.I HOPE YOU MAKE MORE BOOKS CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEXT BOOK COMES OUT MARCH 2010.(HUGS AND KISSES)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.