Friday, 13 March 2009

Please Stop Laughing At Me... by Jodee Blanco.

Title: Please Stop Laughing At Me...
Author: Jodee Blanco
Summary: The true story of Jodee Blanco as she went through middle and high school, being bullied and picked on constantly. The object of both emotional and physical beatings, Jodee grows into the self-doubting, hurt, second-guessing, insecure girl. Entirely relatable and informing, this amazing Novel will help parents and kids understand what bullying can truly do to a person. (Summary by Me.)

When I read this, it made me cry several times. Someone like me, who has gone through the almost-exactly-the-same bullying in the book (albeit for me it was only emotional, never physical) relates entirely to it. Often times I found Jodee thinking the exact same things I had thought in the past when being bullied.

Not only is this book relatable and informing, it's also written wonderfully. I suggest that everyone read it. I think it should actually maybe be on school reading lists.

JUST READ IT! OR I'LL INERNET-LY HARRASS YOU!

xoxo

-{mari}

1 comment:

  1. I bought the book from a store two years ago. A t first I thought it was just fiction because it is definitely beautifully written, but it turned out to be the author's memoir. It is just so sad to realize that she is not the only one who experiences these things and before I could hardly believe these things happening are real. As what you said, I would highly recommend everyone out there to grab a copy of the book because it is truly heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers[heart]Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.