Friday, 24 April 2009

One Book Meme

Alright, I had originally planned to review some books I had read ages ago seeing as I haven't posted many reviews recently - and I will do that at some point (I'll try and add at least one review a week), but until then, I thought I'd post something else book related; a book meme.

1. One book that changed your life:
The Old Man and the Sea by Hemmingway - not because it has a particularly amazing plot or anything like that, but we had to study it in English and I reread it over and over and wrote essays on it and it basically just changed the way I read books and made me love searching for meaning in books.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:

Looking for Alaska by John Green.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:

The Complete Works of Shakespeare (it's huge! It'd certainly kill more time than a regular book with just a few hundred pages).

4. One book that made you laugh:

Paper Towns by John Green.

5. One book that made you cry:

Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix by J. K. Rowling (okay, I admit it, I bawled my eyes out at a few of the other HP books too - but certain character deaths just got to me! Quite a lot of books have made me cry actually, I like books that can do that to me. Maybe I'm just a masochist).

6. One book that you wish had never been written:
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer (Honestly, it's not the worst book I've ever read - I have read worse, but this one just irritates me so much... Stephenie Meyers writing is mediocre at best in the Twilight series, her character development is almost non-existent and it's just pretty bad in general - but at least the other three books in the series had some redeemable qualities that made them the kind of books that you could call a guilty pleasure, something you can love to hate and like it all at the same time. But with Breaking Dawn, that was just one big literary epic fail with nothing that made it worth reading. And then there was Smeyers immature reaction to the feedback it got that annoyed me too).

7. One book that you wish had been written:

A Simple Case Of FAB by Team FAB (Gahahaha! Actually - that *may* exist soon-ish. I refuse to explain it - just go to www.team-fab.net and it may make more sense).

8. One book you’re currently reading:
Alice's Adventures In Wonderland and Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (I *think* that is the authors name, I could be wrong - I actually have this book, but my to read pile is massive and I haven't got to it yet but I've heard a lot of good things about it).

10. Now tag five people:
I tag anyone who is reading this. :]

Later.

P.s. Should this blog be strictly book reviews, or would you like/mind having other book related things on here too (like book memes, the whole "in my mailbox" and "waiting on Wednesday" things etc. that other book blogs do)?

1 comment:

  1. Well, Ally was all ready considering the contests. Maybe we can try to get author interviews and such too? Other things would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.