Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan

Okay, so I haven't been posting many reviews recently - the most recent one I was going to review was Stargirl, but Nia just reviewed it and said pretty much what I would've said about it anyway.

So I've decided I'm going to post some reviews of books I read a while ago/years ago that I liked. Just until I read some new books I want to talk about.

First up:

Title: Stranger With My Face
Author: Lois Duncan
Summary: Have you ever been haunted by the feeling that someone is spying on you, lurking around your house and yard, even entering your bedroom? Are your friends plotting against you when they say they've seen you do things you know you haven't done? What's going on -- and does Laurie really want to find out?

I first read this book when I was about 13 or something and I reread it a few times since, I don't know what it is about it, but I really liked it.

It's one of those books that takes something far fetched/supernatural but it's written in a way that is totally believable - after reading this, there was a tiny part of me that was afraid to go to sleep incase I projected out of my body and someone else took my place... really irrational, yes, but the way Lois Duncan wrote the book it just made it seem so real and convincing.

I loved the characters too, especially Laurie and the guy whose name elludes me at this time (if you read the book, you'll know who I'm talking about though) - it's hard to say the things that made me like her without spoiling the book, so I won't try.

It's been years since I've read it, but I still love it - I kind of have a soft spot for all of the books I loved when I was a kid.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. what is Laurie's adopted mothers name?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.