Saturday, 18 July 2009

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.



Title: An Abundance of Katherines
Author: John Green
Summary:
Colin Singleton is a child prodigy who has just graduated from high school and has subsequently been dumped by his girlfriend - Katherine #19. His penchant for dating girls who only go by the name of Katherine and his experiences over the years, make for a touching, funny, romantic and intelligent story about growing up. With his dearest friend, Hassan - a friend who dreads the thought of going to college and is content to watch Judge Judy than study - they decide to take a summer road trip which eventually takes them to the town of Gutshot, Tennessee. New friends are made, relationships are built and maybe, just maybe, Colin can finally discover the elusive Theorem that should solve the riddle of being Dumped and being the Dumpee.

(I know. I'm just poppin' out reviews right left and center these days. :P)

I choose this for my second summer reading book, and I was not disappointed.

The book is amazing. The characters are relatable and just awesome, and John writes it as well as usual.

Its also full of funny jokes and things like that, it made me laugh a lot.

It's got quite a bit of math in it, which can get sort of confusing, but I still love it.

My favourite parts have to be the parts with either Hassan or Lindsey. They're both so hilarious.

All I can say is that you should all read it.

(sorry for the lame review. I'm a bit sick and all that.)

-Mari.

2 comments:

  1. I am tho most curious why the character dates only Katherines. Does the book give a reason to that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's slightly spoilerish, Diana. So yes, the book does give a reason.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.