Wednesday, 30 September 2009

The Alphas by Lisi Harrison


Title: The Alphas
Author: Lisi Harrison
Summary:
Thousands applied. One hundred got in. Only one will win.
Eccentric billionaire Shira Brazille founded the super exclusive Alpha Academy on exotic Alpha Island to nurture the next generation of exceptional dancers, writers, musicians, and inventors. It's a dream come true for one hundred lucky girls, but those not measuring up will be sent home at any time for any reason. The one left standing will win worldwide fame. Who will it be?
Sky Hamilton
Known for her dance moves and ability to make superfast connections with boys, Sky plans on taking the Alphas by storm - and lip-kissing all five of Shira's superhot sons.
Allie A. Abbot
Is one little initial away from superstardom. So when Allie J. Abbot's invitation to Alpha Academy arrives on her doorstep, she does what any crafty girl would: commits identity theft. Can she keep up the charade?
Charlie Deery
Beta-for-life Charlie is offered a last-minute place at the Academy, but there's an admission condition: dumping her boyfriend - Shira's son. It's hard to claw her way up when ninety-nine girls are waiting to sink their claws into her superhawt ex....

If at first you don't succeed, you're not an alpha.

So, I loved this book. I knew that it was going to be about Sky Hamilton - a girl we met in one of the Clique books (can't remember which) but didn't really know that much about. So, the girl on the front cover: I'm guessing that it's Sky. I'm also predicting that the next book in the series will have either Allie or Charlie on the cover (or Triple Threat (a.k.a Andrea) on it. You meet her in the book.) Sort of like the Pretty Little Liars series, the whole character on the cover thing.

The whole thing was fantastic, and well written. I literally started reading the book and only put it down once to eat dinner - and even then I had to finish the chapter. I shoveled down my dinner and was rewarded with a stomach ache after, but it was worth it. I had to know what happened.

I love Charlie. I absolutely hated Shira for making her dump Darwin - that's her son's name, the one she made Charlie dump. I thought that it was really stupid. Darwin loved Charlie, and when she dumped him she broke his heart.

The academy itself is really high-tech. Like, into-the-future stuff. I won't go into detail; you'll read about it if you read the book.

I can't really tell you much more about the book without spoiling it, but I can tell you this: it's drama-packed and the cliffhanger at the end made me want to throw the book against the wall in frustration because the 2nd book isn't out until April 2010.

You'll love it if you loved the Clique series. I know I did.

xx



6 comments:

  1. I heart alphas too! I love Charlie the most. I hope that Charlie makes up secretly with Darwin and tell Jackie O roommates the truth. I want to see how Allie A. will tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im reading it now in school , its okay .

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea its an okay book not the best ive read and charlie's my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya its not the best book ive ever read but its still good im on the first on! i love charlie shes my fav and i love darwin as well there so good togthr

    ReplyDelete
  5. started reading and its an okay book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who becomes alpha in the end?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.