Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

This is the newest book in the Vampire Academy series, so if you haven't read the others then you maybe shouldn't read this, my review isn't very spoiler-ish but the summary of the book spoils the previous ones.

Title: Blood Promise
Author: Richelle Mead
Summary: How far will Rose go to keep her promise?

The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir's Academy was the deadliest ever in the school's history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri.

He'd rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa - the one she has sworn to protect no matter what - and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?

This is the fourth book in the Vampire Academy series and, just like the others in the series, I loved it. I really didn't have the faintest clue of what would happen in this book, or even what I wanted to happen but it definitely didn't disappoint.

Rose really is one of my favourite fictional characters, she manages to be totally awesome without falling into the Mary Sue catagory and I love how strong she is and how real her personality is... actually, that's the same for all the characters in the books, Richelle writes characters really well.

I really can't wait for the next book, I honestly am completely torn over what I want to happen... I absolutely adore two of the guys in this--Adrien and Dimitri--and I would love Rose to end up with either of them, I'm really looking forward to seeing where Richelle takes the story in the next book, with this series, I can never really guess what is going to happen, my mind is just blank when I try (which is rare for me) and I love that about these books.

Another thing I want to mention that is awesome about this series is the whole bond thing that Rose and Lissa have -- it's great, it was really interesting in the other books but in this book in particular, I loved that aspect of the story, because even though Rose wasn't at the Academy in person, we still got to see what was going on with Lissa, Adrien and Christian.

Basically, I really love this series and this one was just as good as the others were, you should read it.

Sorry if this review is awful, my new puppy was demanding attention while I tried to write it *facepalm* and so to make up for my terrible reviewing skills, heres an awesome fan video I found for this book on youtube (although, I don't recommend watching it unless you've read this series, it is a bit spoiler-ish for Shadow Kiss and Blood Promise)

[Again, please note, I said the trailer is FAN made... last time I included a fanvid at the end of a review, one of the commenters got a little annoyed, thinking I was claiming it was the real trailer]

Later.

2 comments:

  1. URGH! I bought this book on Friday and got about 70 pages in while my friends ice skated, but I still have to finish my summer reading book before I can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes totally agree with you !!! I like Chapter 27 where they had the fight in mind !!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.