Monday, 5 October 2009

The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols...

Title: The Ex Games
Author: Jennifer Echols
Summary: Hayden and Nick used to be a hot item, but their brief affair ended with a highly publicized break-up. Now the two are "just friends," excluding the occasional flirtation.

When Hayden wins the girls' division of a local snowboarding competition, Nick is unimpressed, claiming that Hayden wouldn't have a chance against a guy. Hayden calls Nick's bluff and challenges him to a head-to-head boarding contest. Their mutual friends quickly take sides, the girls on Hayden's and the boys on Nick's, making for an all-out battle of the sexes. This friendly competition is bound to get heated--and if they're not careful, they might end up igniting some old flames.

So, when this book arrived in my mail a few days ago, pretty much the only thing that prevented me from squealing from happiness was the fact that my family was in the room with me but I was so excited to read it and it really didn't disappoint.

Jennifer Echols is one of my favourite authors, definitely among the best at writing the romantic comedy genre and I've yet to read a book of hers that I don't love and this one was no exception.

The Ex Games was simply awesome - one of my absolute favourite things about Jennifers books are that she writes the characters really well, while some books will take a few chapters to really get you knowing the characters, in her books their personalities jump right off the pages from pretty much the beginning and you'll cringe for them and laugh with them and hurt for them because they are so realistic.

I loved the definitions at the start of chapters, they were really cute and funny and Hayden was hilarious, I got the urge the grab her and Nick and bang their heads together multiple times during the story (darn them being fictional!). I really liked her brother and his friends too, they were awesome.

Another thing I loved was the setting of this, I'm a total winter/autumn girl and I adore the snow and reading this story it just gave me that warm fuzzy feeling I get when I watch the snow from my bedroom window at night when it snows in winter (it also made me wish that I could snowboard - safe to say I now fully regret not going on the school ski trip a few years ago *facepalm*).

And seeing as I'm at risk of fangirling the whole book, I'll just say I really recommend you read the book, it'll totally put a smile on your face. Also, you should check out Jennifers other books too (my favourites, aside from this one, have been The Boys Next Door and Going Too Far - they're both epic and I can't wait for the sequel to The Boys Next Door).

You can read the first chapter of The Ex Games and check out Jennifers other books on her website.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers[heart]Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.