Tuesday, 8 December 2009

A Season of Eden by JM Warwick

A Season of Eden
JM Warwick


He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible. I let the door silently close at my back. He stared at me, and a taut quiet stretched between us.
"I like hearing you play," I said, moving toward him.
He turned, in sync with my slow approach. He looked up at me but didn't say anything. I
rested my clammy hand on the cold, slick body of the baby grand. "May I?" The muscles in his throat shifted, then he swallowed.
"Eden." My knees weakened, like a soft tickling kiss had just been blown against the backs of them.
"Is it okay?" I asked. His gaze held mine like two hands joined. He understood what I was
really asking. "Let me stay," I said. "Please."
"You're going to get me in trouble," he said. --[Shelfari]

Eden's life is perfect. She has her perfect friends and hair and house and life, besides her dysfunctional family. She even has the perfect boyfriend of *gasp* six whole months. I know right? Who doesn't want to be her?

She's a senior just looking for easy classes for her last half of the year and decides on Concert Choir for the easy grade, like everyone else in the class. She expects her old, decrepit teacher but instead meets Mr. James Christian.

Not only is Mr. Christian, according to Eden, hot, he also has this whole dorky, I-don't-know-girls-drool-over-me thing going for him. And he's some kind of musical genius at the piano and singing. He's had limited experience in the dating department and doesn't see his appeal, or that half the girls are drooling over him. He lives with his protege pianist of a mother.

As you can probably tell, Eden falls hard for him, he falls for her, so on and so forth. But I won't spoil the ending except to say I WANT A SEQUEL NOW.

Otherwise, Eden has her stalkerish moments, but she's also a character you can easily sympathize with. She's, when you really look at it, just a regular girl. That's probably one of the best things about the book, this is the kind of thing that can happen. She's not perfect. She knows it, everyone knows it. She feels negative emotions, her family life can be rough, and she doesn't get everything she wants. These are normal things.

My only dislikes were the semi-stalkerish scenes (but that's mostly because I was discussing a DIFFERENT Student/Teacher romance book with a friend and that main character had MAJOR stalking issues) and, as I stated, the ending. I'll be poking around the internet a ton lately to find a sequel, or just SOMETHING else from JM Warwick.

If you don't get all squicky about Teacher/Student books (there is NOTHING more than kissing, no worries), then read the book. Because it's just really, really good.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it! I have this sitting in my TBR pile now and I nearly started drooling when I read the summary. OMFG!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.