Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Fallen by Lauren Kate


Fallen
Lauren Kate

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.

Frankly, there is no other way to put it, so I'll copy and paste my response to this book on twitter: "I just finished Fallen and I NEED MOAR."

Not 'more'. 'MOAR.'

There was action and romance and everything fit together so perfectly. And the love triangle, because you know there has to be one, is one of the most EPIC love triangles ever. Screw that temporary Wickham-Elizabeth-Darcy (come on now, really?) and Jacob-Bella-Edward (again, really?) It's just so...so...GAH.

There were a few predictable spots, but again I am speaking as someone that finds a lot of books predictable to some extent. But for everything I could predict, there was also something that kind of shocked me.

It was also kind of slow going in the beginning. It wasn't till about half way through the book that I felt like the plot was really beginning. It didn't make it any harder for me to read, but it was quite the contrast when you have this slow, drifting (but still important) beginning, and then this ZOMG-ACTION-ACTION-ACTION second half. While I was actually reading the book itself, I never noticed this. It was when I closed the book, stepped back and began digesting what I'd read that I noticed this. So if this kind of makes you go "Erm...???", just don't worry about it. You probably won't notice.

And if, by some chance, Lauren Kate is reading this: I will gladly take Torment. In any shape or form. Book, ebook, audiobook, letters with one page stuffed in them, post it notes mailed to me for me to arrange in the right order, or emailing me a word every hour. I'm flexible on this.

In unrelated news:
I got Hush, Hush in the mail yesterday...and began reading it today. I've already had to fight back giggles at certain parts because everyone else was taking a test/quiz thing. But after that, I will need YOUR HELP to pick the next book. I'm going to TRY to do a vlog with my fancy new webcam, but I have issues getting the files to save the right way. If I can make it work, I'll post a video with me and all of the pretty books I have. If not, I'll post a list when I'm at the end of Hush, Hush. Then you guys can pick my next book.

And if I can find a way to make the vlogging work, I'll do some IMMs that way too. :)

--Julie

P.S. With another five followers, we'll be at 200. Which means there will be a contest where we list books and the winner picks a prize from them. So if you guys could get us those last few followers and leave suggestions of books for the prize possibilities, t'would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. This book has been on my "I NEED TO READ THIS NAO!" mental list.

    I was going to buy it from Amazon but I wanted Hush, Hush moar.

    Btw... after you read Hush, Hush... Patch is mine. MINE. xD

    Just a heads up! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm glad you liked it so much. :) Good review.

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review! I really liked this book, though it wasn't my favourite (Hush, Hush is excellent, too! ) haha :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.