Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Summary: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

--

Holy. Crap. I swear, this is probably my favourite book of the moment. No doubt. Patch is my favourite character, no lie. He's dangerous, charming, funny, sweet... He's a real bad-ass (he even drives a motorcycle). I never got bored in this book. I kept reading and whenever there was a PatchxNora moment I clutched the book tighter and read on and I kept waiting for the moment where they were going to kiss.

Their relationship, I think, is deeper than a lot of others. They're not just attracted to each other physically, but the emotional relationship is there too. Although, in the beginning, Nora seems to not want to be near Patch. Her sex-ed teacher thought it would be a good idea to switch partners for the class and he stuck her with Patch.

At first it was awkward and she was angered that she was his partner. But, over time, weird things start to happen that freaks her out and, somehow, Patch is always there. She gets even more suspicious when her friend, Vee, is attacked and she ends up in the hospital. Vee tells her it was Patch and Nora believes her. But, then something happens that throws Nora and Patch together.

Something that could cost Nora her life. There was action on every page. There wasn't a dull moment at all. I kept waiting for the book to slow down and it never did. Overall, I recommend to all 195 followers (and Melody, Mari, and Nia because Lanna & Julie already have it) to read this book. You will NOT be disappointed. I guarantee it.

Rating: 5/5 Stars.

-Deanna

P.S: PATCH IS MINE! (Yes, I will fight people to the death for male characters in books.) ^.^

6 comments:

  1. Yey! I'm very happy you liked it! I really enjoyed this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book, too! I was surprised that it actually lived up to the hype haha can't wait for Crescendo! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, then you're gonna have to fight me because I say Patch is mine! xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too. It really surprised me and was much better than I orgnially thought it would be. I can't wait for more by Becca Fitzpatrick

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never read it yet but i am despret to it sounds ilke a reaally good book (so if anyone want to mail it to ne please do.) i love how the back of the book gives enough deatail to make the reader want to read it but not that much that the person would know what happens in the book if i were to rate this book 0-10 i would give it a 10

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.