Monday, 25 January 2010

Paper Towns by John Green

I know right? Where have I been? How have I JUST read this book? (In my defense, I've read the other John Green books).

Paper Towns
John Green

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life--dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge--he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues--and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.

Printz medalist John Green returns with the brilliant wit and searing emotional honesty that have inspired a new generation of readers.

Enigmatic Margo is dramatically captured in a unique dual-cover treatment.

So, I liked Looking for Alaska. And I really liked An Abundance of Katherines. But I LOVED Paper Towns.

I wish I could fully explain the awesomeness of this book...but I can't. But let's sum it up:

John Green = Funny, yes?

My bookmark = A Tablet of Brightly Colored Mini Post Its Meant for Tabbing

Goal = Tab Funny Things with Brightly Colored Mini Post Its

Book by Time I Finished Reading = A Rainbow

I'll try to get a picture, but basically there were SO many funny parts to this book, my copy now has a rainbow stick out of it. xD

I will say that Margo is insanely selfish. But, I don't blame her. We're all a little bit selfish at times and sometimes we just need to be selfish for a while.

But honestly, go read this book. Then go get his other books and read those too.

--Julie

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry - I've never read this book, so you weren't alone...but I guess I am now! I'll have to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Paper Towns too! John Green is the only guy author that writes about guys, in a guy's P.O.V.
    He's so hilarious!!! I love it when they're in the car driving to "save" Margo :D
    SPOILER:
    Remember the peeing in the bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOD, yes Kirthi. That whole section. So many brightly colored tabs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a funny read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've somehow never read ANYTHING by John Greene. This sounds so great. I've really got to remedy that, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love John Green. This book was so funny!!! I think I read the majority of this book twice because everytime I got to a funny part I absolutely had to read it out loud to someone. It also made them laugh. I can't wait to read more of his books!!!

    ***Remember his birthday present...LOL***

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that this book was awesome! Normally I can't read a book for longer than about two hours at a time, but I read this in one 5-hour sitting - I just couldn't put it down!
    Great review format :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.