Thursday, 7 January 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme started by Breaking the Spine.

Go me! I'm on time again!

Anastasia's Secret
Susanne Dunlap
3/2/10

“Will I never see you again either?” I asked, feeling as though I was about to jump off a high mountain peak and hope to land without hurting myself. That’s how impossible everything seemed at that moment, no matter what I did. “Perhaps we will meet again,” Sasha said, softening his voice. “But you must see that it does not matter. You have so much ahead of you. It’s your choice now. Choose the future! Choose life!” For Anastasia Romanov, life as the privileged daughter of Russia’s last tsar is about to be torn apart by the bloodshed of revolution. Ousted from the imperial palace when the Bolsheviks seize control of the government, Anastasia and her family are exiled to Siberia. But even while the rebels debate the family’s future with agonizing slowness and the threat to their lives grows more menacing, romance quietly blooms between Anastasia and Sasha, a sympathetic young guard she has known since childhood. But will the strength of their love be enough to save Anastasia from a violent death? Inspired by the mysteries that have long surrounded the last days of the Romanov family, Susanne Dunlap’s new novel is a haunting vision of the life—and love story—of Russia’s last princess.


I don't even know where to start with this.

Anastasia's always been a favorite of mine. I never looked into it much, but the Fox movie was right up there with Beauty and the Beast with me. This is one of three books on my wish list (though, I'm actually reading the first one right now) involving the mystery of Anastasia Romanov.

Maybe it's because I'm currently reading Dreaming Anastasia, but this whole thing just grabs me and thrills me and I need more Anastasia Romanov! Somebody give me more Anastasia?

For now, the author has created a blog where we can get to know more about Anastasia. The blog is called Anastasia Lives and you can read it here. It's actually really helpful, and a nice companion for what I'm reading.

The two months of waiting could be a problem, but the author is so amazing that she's going to be sending me a finished copy of this once she gets them (when she emailed me a few days ago, she said it would be soon) so I'm VERY excited about that and I can't wait to read it and share my thoughts with you guys!

So, what are you all waiting for this Wednesday? (Is it really only Wednesday? Seriously? 'Cause I don't like it.)

--Julie

2 comments:

  1. this looks so good! I definitely want to read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soulds like a great premise for a book. I watched the animated movie when I was little (Rasputin is the first movie villain I remember being frightened by) and I've been fascinated by the story ever since. Can't wait to hear about the other Anastasia related books.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.