Thursday, 14 January 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (6) Part 2

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme started by Breaking the Spine.

Lanna did hers already, so now I'm going to do mine. Because I keep losing track of the books I've done and then have to go back and look at all the posts to know, I'm going to do it in alphabetical order from now on. Hopefully it'll help!


Anxious Hearts
Tucker Shaw

“Evangeline,” he repeated, calling at a whisper. “Evangeline.” He was not calling that she may hear, he was calling that somehow her soul might know that he was devoted entirely to her, only to her. “Evangeline, I will find you.”

Eva and Gabe explore the golden forest of their seaside Maine town, unknowingly tracing the footsteps of two teens, Evangeline and Gabriel, who once lived in the idyllic wooded village of Acadia more than one hundred years ago. On the day that Evangeline and Gabriel were be wed, their village was attacked and the two were separated. And now in the present, Gabe has mysteriously disappeared from Eva.

A dreamlike, loose retelling of Henry Wad
sworth Longfellow’s famous love poem “Evangeline,” Anxious Hearts tells an epic tale of unrequited love and the hope that true love can be reunited.

Well, obviously the cover is gorgeous (duh). Then the names. Evangeline is always one of my go-to names. And Gabe is an epic name. And, I just noticed while making this post that I named my characters in a possible WIP Gabe and Evangeline (Eva). Crap.

This story also sounds pretty epic. Don't lie. The relationship, the true love thing, it sounds really good!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Great pick, can't wait for this one either! The cover is absolutely gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of this is stunning, I love the colours - how it is both light and dark at the same time. This really sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH okay now I am waiting with you... must read...

    Sincerely,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.