Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Historic Saturday (6)

All I have to say is: I fail. Now onto the review.

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Choose: A quick death and hell or slow poison and hell.

About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.

And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.

As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear.

Poison Study was very unique. I loved the characters and the relationships they formed. The writing was beautiful and descriptive, with a very helpful map to help you see Yelena's world. The romance was steadily built and beautiful, meaningful. Fortunately, I did not fall in love with Yelena's love interest because I know many people that would do battle for him.

Honestly, everyone should read this book. It's absolutely phenomenal. And, if you're like me and don't get the sequels, that's okay! The ending is not such an insane cliff hanger that you need the sequels or you'll pull your hair out. March is a huge book month for me, so getting the sequels isn't on my mind just yet, but I always know that I will be grabbing them when I can catch my breath!

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Jul, if you liked Poison Study, maybe you would like to get your hands on a free copy of the Study trilogy: http://www.cherrymischievous.com/2010/02/sneak-peak-april-contest.html

    Or one of your readers might want a free brand new copy of Poison Study: http://www.cherrymischievous.com/2010/02/poison-study-giveaway.html

    wouldn't it be nice? :)

    hey, it could happen...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.