Sunday, 7 February 2010

In My Mailbox (7)

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

I was going to add this onto the end of Julie's post, but whatever... I just got one book:

Skins: The Novel by Ali Cronin

Summary:
Effy has fled to Italy with her mum, where she tries to put her feelings for Freddie, and the guilt she feels for stealing him from Katie out of her mind. The perfect distraction come in the form of sophisticated older man, Aldo...

Naomi and Emily are struggling with spending time apart when Em goes to France with her parents and battles with her stubborn twin sister, Katie. Back in Bristol, Naomi pines for Emily while wondering about her future education.


Thomas and Pandora are sweetly in love, and finding it difficult to consummate their feelings for each other.


Freddy and Cook are engaged in a vigorous game of sexual one-upmanship with a frustrated JJ as referee...


By the end of the summer, the gang will have resolved some issues and brought up some more, but always in the raw, uncompromising, contradictory and authentic narrative style that makes the series so popular and compelling. Language and sexual references are graphic.


Skins is a UK TV show, I think it's airing in America now too - anyway, I really like the show and the book is what happens over the summer between series 3 and 4. I don't know if it's one of those books that you have to have seen the TV show to actually understand it or if it works as just a novel on it's own, when I read and review it I'll let you know.

I recommend the show too, it won't be everyones style but some might like it. There was a cast change between seasons 2 and 3, so you could just watch season 3 to understand the book a bit better.

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting - and familiar, though I've never seen the show haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm American, but I watch Skins online. I love the show so I'll have to try to check out the book. They show Skins on BBC, but I also heard they're remaking it for American audiences.

    Which sucks. Because my country is kind of stuck up and will RUIN the show. Grr. But happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O YOU KNOW SKINS!??! I watch it and I absolutely love it so much...though I wish they wouldn't make an American version. I just think it will ruin it because Skins is originally a British show, and that's what makes it awesome. But anyway.

    Wow, the novel. Lucky you! I hope you enjoy it as much as the show! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.