Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Go Ask Alice by Anonymous

Summary: It started when she was served a soft drink laced with LSD in a dangerous party game. Within months, she was hooked, trapped, in a downward spiral that took her from her comfortable home and loving family to the mean streets of an unforgiving city. It was a journey that would rob her of her innocence, her youth--and ultimately her life.

Go Ask Alice is based on the actual diary of a fifteen-year-old drug user. Names, dates, and places have been changed in accordance with the wishes of those concerned.


This book is about a girl named Alice (she never says her name so this is only an educated guess based on the title). She accidentally takes LSD at a party and is immediately hooked. She tries to quit, but it seems as though the universe won't let her.

I won't spoil it for those who intend on reading this book. If you do, I don't think you will be disappointed. One thing that shocks me is that it’s an actual diary of a 15-year old drug user… I find it crazy that the things she wrote in here really happened.

If you decide to read this book, be sure to read the epilogue at the end, or everything near the end would seem far too peachy keen. Writing wise, I was happily surprised. I picked out this book from curiosity and wonder, and the writing is actually not half bad. Hopefully you decide to read it, and it leaves a mark on you as it has done with me and many others.


-Janet.

2 comments:

  1. This is one I heard of awhile ago and it always piqued my interest. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, there is just something about it that caught my eye. :]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.