Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (9) (Part 2)

I have to break my alphabetical streak so I can get out some of the upcoming releases. And I'm going to do two this week just to help speed up the process and avoid the likelihood of me missing one.

Hex Hall
Rachel Hawkings
3/2/10

When Sophie Mercer turned thirteen, she discovered that she was a witch. It's gotten her into a few scrapes. Her non-Gifted mother has been as supportive as possible, consulting Sophie's estranged father--an elusive European warlock--only when necessary. But when Sophie attracts too much human attention for a prom-night spell gone horribly wrong, it's her dad who decides her punishment: exile to Hecate Hall, an isolated reform school for wayward prodigium, a.k.a. witches, fae, and shapeshifters. By the end of her first day among fellow freak-teens, Sophie has quite a scorecard. Three powerful enemies who look like supermodels; a futile crush on a gorgeous warlock; a creepy, tag-along ghost; and a new roommate, who happens to be the most-hated person and only vampire on campus. Sophie soon learns that a mysterious predator has been attacking students, and her friend Jenna is the number one suspect. Meanwhile, Sophie has a more personal shock to grapple with. Not only is her father the head of the prodigium council, he's the most powerful warlock in the world, and Sophie is his heir. As a series of blood-curdling mysteries starts to converge, Sophie prepares for the biggest threat of all: an ancient secret society determined to destroy all prodigium, especially her.

I'm sure you all know about this book by now and I'm hesitant to break back into the world of witches (something I haven't touched directly since Harry Potter), but the cover's pretty and I've talked to the author on twitter once or twice and she's super nice. So, I'm giving it a try. I'm pretty sure I'll love it since everyone else seems to!

I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend
Cora Harrison
3/2/10

When shy Jenny Cooper goes to stay with her cousin Jane Austen she knows nothing of the world of beautiful dresses, dances, secrets, gossip and romance that Jane inhabits. But Jane is already a sharp observer of the customs of courtship, and when Jenny falls utterly in love with the dashing Captain Thomas Williams, who better than Jane to help her win the heart of this most eligible of men?

The cover is adorable, and it's a novel kind of about Jane Austen. What could be better? I DO have to warn you, right now this is NOT available in the US. Just so you know and can save time looking for it on Barnes and Nobles' website or Borders' website like many would.

So, what are you guys waiting on this snowy Wednesday?

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I can't wait for Hex Hall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally cannot wait for Hex Hall! My WOW is on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend sounds like a great read! I agree, adorable cover. Sad it isn't available in the U.S. now, I would so snap it up in a bookstore if I saw it. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.