Wednesday, 10 March 2010

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Summary: Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies.

Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.

I wish I hadn't read this book... because now I desperately want to read the sequels but won't be able to for a while. Damn! But anyway, the book was brilliant - it was sweet and funny and never boring and amongst all that it still managed to show some real raw emotions in there too like love, friendship, loss and heartbreak. I loved the characters, especially Cammie and her best friends.

My favourite part of the book was probably the fact that even though the main character is this super spy in training, when she's out of her comfort zone -- like around a certain cute boy, for example -- we're totally reminded that she's just a girl and she has insecurities like the rest of us and the fact that she can speak loads of different languages and take out an attacker twice her size doesn't stop her from feeling those insecurities.

I like the way Ally Carter writes too, it's not poetic or the kind of beautiful that sticks with you, but it's fast paced and interesting and I love when writers write like that and it doesn't feel like they're just adding in filler stuff to increase the word count or adding flowery adjectives that can distract from the story. She keeps it to the point.

Basically, I loved the book and I can't wait to read the rest of the series and her new book, Heist Society (which I ordered off Amazon a while ago and should be here soon). If you haven't read it, go read it now!

Later.

3 comments:

  1. Another one to add on my TBR pile - thanks for bringing it to my attention! Fab review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I adore this book. Your 100% right about it not being boring at all. And it was fun to read about the whole spy thing. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely read the rest of the series...I can't wait for the next book to come out! I just finished Don't Judge a Girl By Her Cover, and it was a cliff-hanger. So yeah, read the rest of it. So worth it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.