Sunday, 14 March 2010

In My Mailbox (11) - Lanna

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

I'm just going to link to the summaries on Amazon or shelfari or something, instead of pasting them here.

For Review:


The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees


I cannot wait to read that one, seriously. And the cover for it is so gorgeous - it looks awesome online, but it's even better on the actual book.

Inside my Head
by Jim Carrington

Not one I would've been likely to choose to read myself, but it sounds interesting so we'll see.

Captivate by Carrie Jones

Loved Need, I was so happy when this one arrived. I've already started reading it, it's awesome so far, I should have a review up for it in a few days.

Bought (do I even need to mention my lack of self control again?):


Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen

Love Sarah Dessen, plus, I'm a total insomniac so I like the sound of this story.

Look for me by Moonlight
by Mary Downing Hahn

Just sounded interesting, I read some good reviews for it. I think it's a vampire romance.


Old Souls by Tom Shroder

This one is non-fiction, I have a warped fascination with stuff like past lives and all that - dunno if I believe in it, but I'm Agnostic so I'm pretty open minded about stuff like that.

Cross My Heart & Hope To Spy by Ally Carter

This series = new addiction, I think. It's the second book in the Gallagher Girls series.



After the Quake
by Haruki Murakami

I've read a short story by Murakami and loved the writing and I've heard brilliant things about his books, I chose this one at random.

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Pretty cover. Awesome reviews. Normally, I don't think I'd buy a book like this but I'll give it a try.



Titanic: The Long Night by Diane Hoh

I think I've read some of Diane's other books when I was younger and liked them, plus, I adore stories about the Titanic and this one has great reviews... and there's a sequel that I'll have to get too now.

Cathy's Book by Sean Stewart

I totally just bought that one because I saw it on someones IMM vlog and the book itself is really cool - I don't know about the story (like, the book has little drawings and this pouch bit with pictures and stuff).

I so need new bookshelves.

Later.

10 comments:

  1. Yay for Ally Carter! I hope you enjoy the series-- It IS an addiction!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really sad I couldn't find Cathy's Book at the store, it seems really fun lol
    I'm very interested in what you think of Iron King too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have loads of cool new books this week. I'm a sucker for a new book and need another two bookshelves. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Titanic: The Long Night (and the sequel) are fantastic! I think I read them about 10 years ago, but I loved them. If you're interested in the Titanic, they're definitely good to read.

    Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! Enjoy and happy reading. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your review books and Iron King - awesome! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week. I love the cover for The Fools Girl, and I'll have to check back for your review. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look good. I have been reading terrific review of The Iron King. I am really interested in The Fool's Girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a lot of good stuff! I want Iron King and Along For the Ride! Unfortunately I have a ton of books to get through before I can buy new ones!

    My mailbox is here!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.