Tuesday, 30 March 2010

New Twilight Book?

Consider this my waiting on Wednesday post... on a Tuesday.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer


Release date: June 5th 2010

Summary (sort of, from the Bree Tanner site): Fans of The Twilight Saga will be enthralled by this riveting story of Bree Tanner, a character first introduced in Eclipse, and the newborn vampire world she inhabits. In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery, and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of Bree and the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion.

It will be available for free (I think?) in e-book form but people will be able to buy hard copies of it too and some money from each hardcover sold will be donated to the red cross. You can read more about it on the Bree Tanner website or Stephenie's site.

It's no secret that I have a love/hate relationship with the Twilight series (as in I love to hate them but at the same time I kind of really like the first three books while still being painfully aware of their flaws... confusing, I know. And I loathe the last book and well, the movies... they had potential but I'm not going to get into how I think they screwed that up).

But, in spite of that, I do really want to read this. I think Brees story will be interesting. I'll definitely be buying a hardcover copy of it (and the fact that one dollar of each book sold being donated to the red cross helps).

Thoughts? Will you be reading/buying it?

Later.

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Twilight saga, but I will not be buying this book. I have no desire to read about Bree, probably one of the smallest characters in Eclipse. If she had written about the past life of say .. James or Victoria, I'd be all over that. But Bree came, went and was never mentioned again. Reading a book about her vampire life just does not appeal to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough. :]

    I think her story could be interesting, who knows it could even be better than Bella/Edward's story (because, lets face it, Bella is a complete Mary Sue and Edward is like the guy the writer intended to be perfect but he's actually not even close).

    At least, with Brees story, Stephenie can't pull a Breaking Dawn and have a horrible Disney-type ending because Bree dies. Her story could be kind of heartbreaking.

    I think of it this way, if this was just a book entirely unrelated to the Twilight series (I just realised that I always refuse to call it a saga, hmm), would I want to read it?

    And yeah, I would, it sounds interesting... a story about the vampire life, romance and death of a young girl? Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, not sure what to think of this. It almost seems like a ploy to make more money. Its been so long since I've read Eclipse I don't remember Bree's character, I guess I'll have to re-read it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kath, you should read what Stephenie wrote on her site about it - it was originally meant to be included in the Twilight guide but it was too long.

    And I think the download of it is free, so fans get to read it for free... they only have to pay for the hardcover copies (which is understandable considering it costs money to make them) but they're cheaper than normal, I think (someone said this to me but I'm in the UK and the price is in dollars so I wouldn't know) and they're raising money for charity with the proceeds.

    So yeah, I really don't think it's a ploy to make more money. Things like splitting the last movie into two, yeah I think that would just be to make more money, but not this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I read it's $13.99 and they are giving $1 to charity so they will probably make a lot from all the Twilight fans who have to own a hard copy.

    personally I disliked Twilight and won't be reading this book. I couldn't even finish the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, I dunno how I feel abut this. Seems like she wants to make more money, but who can blame her? I think meyer will try and do something different to try and coutneract the bella-sue...
    thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great. Now SMeyer's writing her own fanfiction. Where's the cyanide when you need it? They're really milking that cash cow, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to ask her When is she going to release something not twilight related?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @BookRants

    She has released something not Twilight related.

    It's called The Host. Remember? :)

    I'll definitely be buying this book and I'll probably preorder it from Amazon because it's cheaper there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Supposedly there was supposed to be a sequel to The Host. Wasn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sami, the whole sequel to The Host thing wasn't ever set in stone but it's still a possibility. I think she said it would be a trilogy if she wrote more and the next books would be The Seeker and The Soul.

    I hope she does write them, maybe she'll do that round about the time the movie comes out? Who knows. :]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.