Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (17) [Julie]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme started by Breaking the Spine.

The decisions seem to get harder and harder every week on what book(s) to use! At least I can do it every week!

You Wish
Mandy Hubbard
[August 5, 2010]

Kayla McHenry’s sweet sixteenth sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla’s secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin’ do.

Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year’s supply of gumballs arrives. And a boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla’s wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride… but they MUST STOP. Because when she was 15? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her.

And Ben is her best friend's boyfriend.

I loved Prada and Prejudice and this just sounds really cute! Plus, the reviews that have popped up have all been awesome.

The Iron Daughter
Julie Kagawa
[August 1, 2010]

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart. (This is the only picture I can find to show you. This is one very lucky blogger's ARC she got today. I told her of my jealousy.)

I got the chance to read an egalley of this book (Thanks Harlequin!) and ADORED IT LIKE WOAH. But I don't like ebooks. I can't even download it to my computer, so it's not mine. I want my copy.

The one thing these books have in common? They both come out the week I will be away. (*sobsnifflesobsniffsniffsobcry*) I'm tempted to call the bookstore that'll be near the hotel and ask them to order copies for me. I am THAT DESPERATE. I'm even willing to beg someone to grab me a copy of The Iron Daughter at BEA or ALA ('cause I know it'll be there) and find a way to pay them back. (Do you SEE how serious this is?)

Anyway, what are you begging for this week?

--Julie

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.