Saturday, 24 April 2010

Book/Movie: I Want To Read & Watch...

I don't know if Julie will be doing her Historic Saturday review/recommendation today, so I figured I'd post this instead.

There are so many books being turned into movies now, it's really awesome - granted, some of them end up not happening (Looking for Alaska, A Great & Terrible Beauty etc.) and that's why it makes me all dorky happy when they finally release trailers for the movies. A lot of the movies are ones I've read or want/plan to read, so that makes it even more awesome.

Anyway, the book/movie I'm referring to today is (trailer is below the book info):

Tomorrow When The War Began
by John Marsden

Summary: When Ellie and her friends go camping, they have no idea they're leaving their old lives behind forever. Despite a less-than-tragic food shortage and a secret crush or two, everything goes as planned. But a week later, they return home to find their houses empty and their pets starving. Something has gone wrong--horribly wrong. Before long, they realize the country has been invaded, and the entire town has been captured--including their families and all their friends. Ellie and the other survivors face an impossible decision: They can flee for the mountains or surrender. Or they can fight.

I haven't read this book yet, but it's been on my wish list for a while... after seeing the trailer, it's now been bumped up on the list.

The movie trailer:


So, yay or nay @ the book and the movie? Have you read it?

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm on book four of the series and I love it. If the movie were coming out in the US I would definitely be watching it. Sadly its and Aussie roll out which means we may get it here eventually on DVD as an import. At least that is my hope!

    I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of either the book or the movie, but based on the movie trailer I'm quite intrigued! I'll have to see if I can track down a book... :D Thanks for adding to my massive TBR pile. LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.