Saturday, 3 April 2010

Historic Saturday (9)

I was pretty sick last Saturday, so I spent part of the day shopping/with family, then Headache from Hell hit and I just had to lie down...until 9:30 at night. Whoops?


The Musician's Daug
hter
Susanne Dunlap

Murder and lovefrom the halls of Vienna’s imperial family to a perilous gypsy camp

Amid the glamour of Prince Nicholas Esterhazy’s court in 18th-century Vienna, murder is afoot. Or so fifteen-year-old Theresa Maria is convinced when her musician father turns up dead on Christmas Eve, his valuable violin missing, and the only clue to his death a strange gold pendant around his neck. Then her father’s mentor, the acclaimed composer Franz Joseph Haydn, helps her through a difficult time by making her his copyist and giving her insight in to her father’s secret life. It’s there that Theresa begins to uncover a trail of blackmail and extortion, even as she discovers honor—and the possibility of a first, tentative love. Thrumming with the weeping strains of violins, as well as danger and deception, this is an engrossing tale of mur
der, romance, and music that readers will find hard to forget.

I read this right after finishing Anastasia's Secret, and I think I preferred this novel to her second one.

The Musician's Daughter was full of forbidden romances, murders, mysteries, evil characters, and showing the good of people. I enjoyed every twist and turn in the novel. There was family love and plain old love and friendship. Everything was amazing in this novel!

I can't really go over everything in this novel without spoiling, so this will have to be a short review, but trust me when I say you guys should all READ this novel! You won't regret it, especially for all the yummy boys ;)

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.