Sunday, 11 April 2010

In My Mailbox (14) Julie

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

I got a TON of stuff this week, so let's get right to it and I'll apologize for my lack of reviews tomorrow.

The Bought/Gifted:

Will Grayson,
Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan (Finished this yesterday. Review will probably be up...the week after next)
Crazy Beautiful
by Lauren Baratz-Logsted (I also finished this yesterday, so review will be up right after WG, WG)
Grimm's Fairy Tales by The Grimm Brothers
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
(And most of the swag)
A SIGNED and PERSONALIZED SEA postcard from Heidi. I'd show you the signature but my address is on
that side. And technically, I got this last week but it seemed kind of silly to do an IMM for a post card.

I preordered Will Grayson, Will Grayson in early March or so as well as the fairy tales and Crazy Beautiful. The day after Will Grayson, Will Grayson relea
sed (so, this past Wednesday) the books arrived. Go UPS power!

So, with Brightly Woven. The AMAZING Anna at booknerds.net was getting rid of some ARCs she was buying copies of and she agreed to just send me her ARC (and I must admit, I think I like the coloring on the ARC better, but I haven't seen a finished one in person yet). Then I actually opened it later that night and found all those bookmarks and the Wake...thing. The Shadow Hills bookmark and Shadowed Summer bookmark are both signed too! (I may have pet and snuggled the Shadow Hills bookmark a few times...) Because of her awesomeness, you should all check out her site and all bloggers should know she does do some amazing site design (like, she's done author's websites) and is one of THE sweetest people.

The Won:


Post Secret by Frank Warren
Andromeda Klein by Frank Portman
How to Sew a Button (and other useful things your grandmother knew) by Erin Bried
David Inside Out by Lee Bantle
Tale of Two Summers by Brian Sloan
And a bottle of The Dark Divine nail polish from Lauren's Crammed Bookshelf. Thanks Lauren!

Housing Works Books (@HousingWorksBks on twitter) had a follower contest and I referred Lanna to be their x-number follower so we both won books. And since I live, you know, an hour away and she lives an ocean away, I already got mine. I read through the Post Secret book and I might give David Inside Out and Tale of Two Summers to my friend, but it was a fun surprise.

So, yeah, amazing week here, right? So much swag! So many books! And I'm STILL expecting more books next week! One's an Amazon order coming from England that I hope gets here before my little trip in two weeks (I'll be in Washington D.C. area for Music in the Parks-- if anyone else is performing there, let me know!) and another uber kind blogger is sending me books. I'll brag about her amazingness next week.

What did everyone else get?

--Julie

4 comments:

  1. Lots of great stuff! I can't wait to read your WG, WG review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff! I really want to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, so I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome mailbox. I can't wait to read Brightly Woven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a big lot. Will be interesting to read the reviews later.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.