Saturday, 10 April 2010

In My Mailbox (14) - Lanna

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Before I get to the IMM box part, I just wanted to say sorry for the lack of reviews recently (busy + the book that I did review is scheduled to post nearer the release date). Anyway, I'm currently reading The Fool's Girl, Heist Society and Lips Touch so I'll review those when I finish (yeah, I hate when I start reading multiple books at once, couldn't help it though).

For Review:

Montacute House by Lucy Jago
Published: May 3rd 2010 by Bloomsbury

Summary:
At first a boy’s body is discovered, then John, Cess’s best friend, disappears . . . What is the mystery behind these sinister events?

Cess works caring for the chickens at Montacute House but on her thirteenth birthday everything changes. She finds a precious locket hidden in the chicken coop and is convinced someone has placed it there for her to find. But the day is overshadowed by fear as a boy’s body is found by the river, and then John disappears.

Cess is determined to find him but is soon embroiled in a plot that threatens her world and forces her to draw on powers she never knew she possessed, powers that will place her life in danger if they are discovered by the villagers. Witchcraft, politics and religious ambition combine in this gripping and wonderfully realised novel set in the Somerset of the 1500s.

I'd never heard of this one before but it sounds interesting. :)

Bought:
(Yes, I totally just print screened my shelfari shelves to save time)

Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

John Green is one of my all time favourite authors and David Levithan is awesome, so I had to get this one. Really, this book is the reason I ended up buying a bunch of books because, as I've said before, I have no self control.

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

I've heard good things about this one, I actually forgot I got it until just now.

Smart Boys and Fast Girls
by Stephie Davis

I'm just in the mood for a book like that... although, I probably have a few buried somewhere in Mount TBR.

Strange Angels by Lili St.Crow

This has been on my wish list for ages but someone on youtube recommended it and said it was good so...

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt


I've been going through this weird Tuck Everlasting loving phase - I've not read the book yet, but I've seen the movie multiple times (I bought the DVD this week too).

Later.

3 comments:

  1. I want Montacute House really badly! but since I'm in the US gotta wait til the Book Depository ships my preorder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great week! Montacute House looks like a good read, and Jessica's Guide is fab! :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montacute House sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.