Tuesday, 20 April 2010

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison

Just One Wish
Janette Rallison

Seventeen-year-old Annika Truman knows about the power of positive thinking. With a little brother who has cancer, it’s all she ever hears about. And in order to help Jeremy, she will go to the ends of the earth (or at least as far as Hollywood) to help him believe he can survive his upcoming surgery.

But Annika’s plan to convince Jeremy that a magic genie will grant him any wish throws her a curveball when he unexpectedly wishes that his television idol would visit him. Annika suddenly finds herself in the desperate predicament of getting access to a hunky star actor and convincing him to come home with her. Piece of cake, right?

Janette Rallison’s proven talent for laugh-out-loud humor, teen romance, and deep-hearted storytelling shines in a novel that will have readers laughing and crying at the same time.

I can't tell you how I found this book, but the cover was adorable, the plot clicked with me, and I was able to afford it on amazon. So I went ahead and ordered it at a dirt cheap price.

I'm so insanely glad I took the leap.

This book was a very personal read as I do have a little brother about the same age as Jeremy and I'm not much younger than Annika. We're very close to just the idea of him having cancer makes my heart ache. Then the novel also sounded so adorable and hilarious and it lived up to its expectations.

You can always feel how important Jeremy and Annika are to the other and how much love there is there. Their family love is just as strong as any other love.

This wasn't just about family though. All kinds of relationships were covered from friendships, to brothers, to love and to strained family relationships. It's not just a cute, funny teen romance. It's more than that.

Truly, there are no words to describe my love of this book. I know I say this way too often, but it's true. This book was amazing and wonderful and I wish my life could follow this path, just minus the cancer & family crisis.

Read it. Read it read it read it read it. And know there will be more Janette on this blog in the future.

--Julie

P.S. I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.