Thursday, 22 April 2010

Our Very First Interview: Amy Brecount-White

The FABULOUS author of Forget-Her-Nots decided to be brave and answer some questions for us. Because she's just plain awesome. So let's get right to the interview!

1. How did you first find your love of flowers?
My mom alway
s planted flowers - usually bulbs and impatiens. I also had an older neighbor who had a beautiful garden filled with more "exotic" plants, such as bleeding hearts (which are amazingly easy to grow.) My mom loved visiting gardens, and although I probably whined as a kid when I had to go, that love was definitely passed on to me and my two sisters. We all love to plant stuff.


2. Did you have a play list or certain song you listened to while writing Forget-Her-Not
s?
Not really, although when I was writing the sad parts I'd listen to Adagio in G Major by Albinoni. I think it's one of the most moving pieces of music ever written. I also listened to Adam
Lambert's version of "Mad World" a lot and Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocket Full of Sunshine." I'm a big fan of Matt Nathanson's "Come on Get Higher," too.


3. What are your five favorite books?

I'm going to cheat and also limit myself to YA. And include Jane Austen, because where would we be without Jane.

Any Jane Austen, esp. Persuasion

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth Speare
I also love Harry Potter, esp. Book 3. I wanted more Sirius Black! [[AMEN!]]


4. Who is your favorite literary character?

Anne Elliot in Persuasion. Sydney Carton in A Tale of Two Cities. Sirius Black in HP. Rose in Forget-Her-Nots. :-)



5. What's one book you wish you had written?

All of #3. Especially Graceling. I'd love to write high fantasy, although I'm a little intimidated by it.



6. How would you define love?

Wow. Love is opening yourself to another person completely. Love is wonderful and risky and challenging. Love has to be forgiving without becoming self-effacing. Make sense?


7. Anything you can tell us about your next novel?
Sure! It's called STRING THEORIES, and it's about the physics of relationships, a girl who gets in over her head, a stream, some dogs, and getting even.

Thanks so much for having me!


We were more than happy to have you, Amy!

You can read my review of Forget-Her-Nots here.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.