Monday, 3 May 2010

Calling All Bloggers!

(Even if you're not a blogger KEEP READING!)

A little background info: Libba Bray's "A Great and Terrible Beauty" series has a small fan group that hangs out on the IMDb board for the movie (miraculously, it has not been teared down. Huzzah!) (At this point, it will not be a movie if you're wondering). They are the SHEBAMS. I sometimes hang out there and chat with them.

A couple days ago, one member proposed The Order of the Traveling Journal. Basically, you take a notebook, write in it for x number of days, and send it on. The next person gets it for x amount of days, then passes it on and so on until there's nobody else to send it to. Then the notebook goes back to the original writer. Like an ARC tour. You use the notebook like a diary. You're encourage to let friends and family members write in it. Basically, it's an easy way on keeping people you care about updated, meeting new people, getting to know others, and strengthening bonds.

I fell in LOVE with this idea because I have so many friends online in different communities and this just sounded fabulous. Some of my friends in school do it, but it's done ALL in school. Not as fun, you know?

So, this summer, I was thinking we try it. I asked the girl that began the project (after signing myself up) and she was all for me passing the idea on!

First, I wanna ask bloggers. I figure we do it this summer and let it continue as long as it needs to. (Summer for me is end of June. If anybody would be able to start it at the beginning of June, go for it!) I don't know how long each person will have it because I don't know how many people, if anybody, would be interested.

After I see how many bloggers are interested, I might be able to open this up to blog readers. You guys deserve love too. :)

If this works, then it'd be a fun thing to do for us. There's only one real limit and that's because I don't have the ability to send out of the country. If anyone knows that they'll be able to send international, just say so and then we can include some international bloggers.

At the end of the project, if there's anybody who wants to get a copy of the journal, I can send it back to you so you can get what you need (because God knows I'd have no clue what to do).

Anybody interested? That includes you lovely readers and international bloggers. I'll do what I can for you guys! Leave a comment or email me at breakingdownslowly[@]gmail . com. Feel free to give suggestions and let me know if there's any dates that don't work for you.

Can't wait to see if this works!

--Julie

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I am interested! Can't ship international though :(

    andanythingbookish@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so great. It'll be a fun way for us bloggers to connect intimately and share our lives! Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to join in.
    -cynthia
    cynthiareads@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that sounds like a fun idea. I am in...I can mail international.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested!

    shutupjessicasreading @ gmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really cool! I know a few people who do it through friends who have moved. It's always neat to see what people come up with!

    bookworm@lovemarie.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys! I'm so glad there's a lot of interest in this project (others have emailed me to tell me).

    Right now, I'm gathering up your emails. But Brent&Emily, Girlsinthestacks, I don't know which email to use! So, if you guys could comment back or email me, I'll add you guys in ;)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be interested in participating.

    PolarisGreen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting Julie! Me choco again! I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just bloghopping and came across this point! It definitely does sound like an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool idea! I'll partake for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would certainly be interested, though I am in Canada :( let me know if that disqualifies me! Such an awesome idea though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.