Thursday, 13 May 2010

Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I had to hand in a research paper Tuesday and as that's no longer hanging over my head, internet time is once more guilt free time. So, I won't start thinking "I need to write a review...wait, crap, paper! Can't review so much without working on my paper!" YAY! (Though, found out I may have another one to do starting tomorrow. Rawr)

Crazy Beautiful
Lauren Baratz-Logsted

In an explosion of his own making, Lucius blew his arms off. Now he has hooks. He chose hooks because they were cheaper. He chose hooks because he wouldn’t outgrow them so quickly. He chose hooks so that everyone would know he was different, so he would scare even himself.

Then he meets Aurora. The hooks don’t scare her. They don’t keep her away. In fact, they don’t make any difference at all to her. But to Lucius, they mean everything. They remind him of the beast he is inside.

Perhaps Aurora is his Beauty, destined to set his soul free from its suffering.
Or maybe she’s just a girl who needs love just like he does.


I'm sure it doesn't need repeating that I love my fairy tale retellings.

Add to the fact that Lauren is super sweet, the cover is amazing, and it's fairly short, what reason did I have not to order it?

This book was ridiculously beautiful. It was told in alternating views between Aurora (God I love that name) and Lucius (Malfoy!).

It wasn't a basic story. Lucius and Aurora didn't just fall in love. It was slow and full of set backs and took genuine forgiveness and love to overcome.

And it wasn't just about their romance either. They both, obviously, have their own struggles to overcome and that's the main focus for most of the book. It's a lot of them putting their lives together again.

I'll be honest, I read this a month go (yes, that is how far behind I am on reviews *blogger fail*) so I can't really say much more. But I can say that this book makes my prestigious favorite shelf.

GO READ IT!

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Is this the book that the movie was based on? I actually loved that movie (despite the fact that everyone else hated it), but I can't remember what it was about. THis book sounds good, so maybe now that I'm far enough away from the movie, I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, the movie was called Crazy/Beautiful and was out in 2001 (and wasn't based on a book), this book is a retelling of Beauty & The Beast kind of and it was released in 2009. Similar titles (really, it's only the / and space that makes them different) but different stories. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great review. It actually makes me want to run down to my bookstore and find it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.