Sunday, 23 May 2010

In My Mailbox (21) - Lanna

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

I'm kind of not in the mood to find pictures of covers and links to summaries or anything for all of these (it's annoyingly hot here, I really hate summer - I pity the people that live in hotter countries, I mean I can barely handle the UK heat), so anyway, I'll just print screen part of my shelfari shelf (and you can also click that link for the summaries).


Bought:

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

Insert fangirl squee-ing here?

The Forest of Hands & Teeth by Carrie Ryan

I've been meaning to read this one for ages, but somehow the title was always off putting to me and the cover didn't wow me... and I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover or title but with so many books on my wish list, the covers and titles grabbing my attention are enough to make me choose one book over another. But I really like the paperback cover, so I finally got it.

Shadowing Hannah by Sara Berkeley

This is an odd one. I read a story a while ago that had step siblings in love with each other and it made me want to read more books about that kind of thing (not because I'm into the whole step siblings getting together or incest or anything, it's just interesting to read about, it's kind of like the ultimate doomed love and it's a major taboo subject).

Faithful by Janet Fox

I've wanted to read this one since I first saw it. *shrugs* :)

For Review:

Girl, 16: Five Star Fiasco by Sue Limb

I think this one is part of a series, so I'll have to get the other books in the series first.

Other:

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Holes by Louis Sachar

My brother had to buy these books for English this year and he doesn't really like to read so now that his exam is over, he gave me the books. *shrugs* Not technically "in my mailbox", but whatever. :]

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished reading Girl, 16 and really enjoyed it :) I also love To Kill a Mockingbird. I had to read it for my GCSE class years ago, and it's amazing.

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love To Kill a Mockingbird 3, I had to read it this year for English but it is really good! (And you haven't felt heat until you've lived right smack dab in the middle of Texas, today its 93 degrees and that is not even that hot compared to other days)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.