Friday, 14 May 2010

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder


Inside Out
Maria V. Snyder
Keep Your Head Down.

Don't Get Noticed.

Or Else.


I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution.






This is, sadly, the first dystopian I've read since the Uglies. And I read Uglies before Extras was even a thought. And I'm glad I read it.

This was very interesting. I had no clue exactly what was going until the end, a key part to any good mystery. Until then, the characters were interesting and you could feel the bond they had. The budding romance was very sweet too.

Reading about Trella's adventures in the pipes was fun, but it did get kind of old sometimes. She seemed to be in those pipes for a quarter of the book!

But the book was cute and quirky and fun, though it always had the underlying seriousness. It wasn't too long either, so you'll get through it quick. And I can't wait to read Outside In and see what happens to Trella and the gang!

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds good - I'm glad you enjoyed it. Dystopia rocks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.