Monday, 24 May 2010

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt


Two-Way Street
Lauren Barnholdt


There are two sides to every breakup. This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation. Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet. It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care. But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot. Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.

Lately, I've been in a chick lit mood. Since reading Just One Wish, I've also been craving road trips. A bunch of other bloggers love this book so when I couldn't find anything else in Barnes and Noble, I went for it.

Two-Way Street was cute, though predictable. Courtney was the typical over prepared teenager. Jordan, however, was a very pleasant surprise. I was expecting him to be different but he was just...woah.

I also loved the best friends. B.J. is kind of the best best friend character ever. The best friend subplot was just so funny! I had a hard time not laughing every time.

The novel was also cute though somethings were kind of...messed up, I guess. There was nothing really wrong with it, so much as it was weird and awkward and if I were in the situation, I definitely wouldn't have done that.

While this isn't going to be one of my Top 20 books, I still recommend it for a quick, easy, light read!

--Julie

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.