Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (25) Julie

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme started by Breaking the Spine.

What AM I waiting on today? I'm not even sure.

Things are getting crazy here. Two weeks left until finals begin! I'll try to keep up with my reviews now that I only have two to write. But things might slow down a bit June 10-16. After 16, none of my finals are really hard. And...there's only two of them.

Sea
Heidi R. Kling

[June 10, 2010]

Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother’s disappearance over the Indian ocean three years before, fifteen-year old California girl Sienna Jones reluctantly travels with her psychiatrist father’s volunteer team to six-months post-tsunami Indonesia where she meets the scarred and soulful orphaned boy, Deni, who is more like Sea than anyone she has ever met.

She knows they can’t be together, so why can’t she stay away from him? And what about her old best friend-turned-suddenly-hot Spider who may or may not be waiting for her back home? And why won’t her dad tell her the truth about her mother’s plane crash? The farther she gets from home, the closer she comes to finding answers.

And Sea’s real adventure begins.


I featured this when we first started doing WoW posts, but it was a very short little post and I didn't give this the love it needs. The cover is so gorgeous, the lucky ones with ARCs love it, and Heidi is one of the nicest people! WANTWANTWANT. I will be trying like hell to get to a bookstore that Saturday.


Wildwing
Emily Whitman
[September 21, 2010]
Addy knows there's so much more to life than what she has. She must be destined for more than being a maid to an eccentric elderly man. And so when she finds a mysterious contraption in the gentleman's study, of course she steps inside. Of course she bumps into the wrong button. Suddenly Addy is in medieval England, mistaken for the young woman betrothed to the lord of the nearby manor. It's destiny. But is it home? And will she ever find her way back to her own time? Will she want to, once she's met the shy, handsome falconer's apprentice?

I LOVED Radiant Darkness and this just sounds fabulous. And, of course, another gorgeous color!

I think that's enough awesome for this week. ;) What are you guys waiting on?

--Julie

2 comments:

  1. I wanna read Sea too! I have so many things I'm waiting on, all these oh so close release dates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the Wildwing cover. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.