Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Blue Bloods: Keys to the Repository by Melissa de la Cruz


Keys to the Repository
Melissa de la Cruz

Lavish parties. Passionate meetings in the night. Bone-chilling murders. Midterms. The day-to-day life of Schuyler Van Alen and her Blue Bloods friends (and enemies) is never boring. But there's oh-so-much more to know about these beautiful and powerful teens. Below the streets of Manhattan, within the walls of the Repository, exists a wealth of revealing information about the vampire elite that dates back before the Mayflower. In a series of short stories, journal entries, and never-before-seen letters, New York Times bestselling author Melissa de la Cruz gives her hungry fans the keys to the Repository and an even more in-depth look into the secret world of the Blue Bloods. Won't you come inside?


I started the Blue Bloods series when only the first two books were out and I've been following it ever since. It's always been full of action and adventure. But since the books come out a year a part and I quite clearly read a LOT of books in a year, I tend to forget things. So this book was a perfect tool.

Originally, I didn't plan to get this, at least not until it was in paperback. Hardcover's are expensive and I didn't think it would be necessary. But Melissa held a contest for it and I decided to enter. I'm so glad I did! This book is gorgeous and helpful!

It opens with a letter from Melissa, which made me smile. Then Melissa tells the story of how the Blue Bloods became what they are. Then we get biographies, categorized by family. There are also two short stories about Jack and Schuyler, one about Dylan, and one about Kingsley. On top of that, there's a list of terms, secondary characters, and human familiars, there's explanations about different parts of the Blue Blood world, the first two chapters of Misguided Angel, AND a sneak peak at a spin off series.

The short stories were so helpful to understanding the characters more, as well as refreshing my memories of things that happened in the books. And the sneak peeks were amazing, though I recommend not reading the first two chapters of Misguided Angel. The cliffhanger, oh the cliffhanger! (This is why I never read sneak peeks. Dang curiosity)

And I LOVED the biographies and lists. There's so many characters and terms, I can't always keep them straight! I might not have time to reread Van Alen Legacy before reading Misguided Angel, so I'll definitely be referencing this book!

For all fans of the Blue Bloods series, this book is a MUST HAVE. And if my review didn't convince you, the cover is more gorgeous in person! That should be reason enough.

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Aw man that's so cool! I wasn't thrilled with the last volume, but that's not gonna stop me from continuing on with the series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right!! I devoured every word greedily and was completely satisfied in the end. Thank goodness for Melissa allowing the us to enter her world of imagination. Keys to the Repository is a must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I really want this book. I'll have to pick this up. Great review. I'm excited to read it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.