Friday, 11 June 2010

How Not to Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler


How Not to Be Popular
Jennifer Ziegler

Maggie Dempsey is tired of moving all over the country. Her parents are second-generation hippies who uproot her every year or so to move to a new city. When Maggie was younger, she thought it was fun and adventurous. Now that she’s a teenager, she hates it. When she moved after her freshman year, she left behind good friends, a great school, and a real feeling of belonging. When she moved her sophomore year, she left behind a boyfriend, too. Now that they’ve moved to Austin, she knows better. She’s not going to make friends. She’s not going to fit in. Anything to prevent her from liking this new place and them from liking her. Only . . . things don’t go exactly as planned.

After much debate, I decided to order this from Random Buzzers. And it was super cute!

This was another typical chick lit story, to be honest. But it was really cute. Maggie was always making me laugh and her parents were hysterical! And I actually liked both potential love interests in this story. I wasn't swooning over either of them, but they both had their little quirks I grew to love.

Maggie also has very clear character development, a nice change of pace from some novels. I also really liked how she tried to be anti-social. It was pretty funny and she had quite the wardrobe! Her outfits always made me giggle.

This really is a cute, light read. It only took me a day to read and I definitely enjoyed the ride!

--Julie

P.S. If you guys ever wanna discuss a book or need recs, just email me at breakingdownslowly@gmail.com. Since we have to approve comments, I sometimes don't see them for hours and whenever I do respond, I feel awkward. Plus, emails make me happy. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is a great Blog, thank you!! I will make sure to stop by your Blog more often!
    You may like my Blog, where I have links to excellent Books and Articles! I hope youw will stop by:
    http://quick-reads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.