Saturday, 5 June 2010

In My Mailbox (23) - Lanna

I haven't been reading/reviewing as much as I'd like recently (luckily, Julie has been churning out reviews like a freaking machine!), I'm doing the Summer Novel Challenge (basically it's like NaNoWriMo only it lasts all summer and the target is to finish the novel, not write 50K), so far it's going pretty well... just thought I'd mention this so you'll know where I've disappeared to.

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.


Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

How pretty is that cover?

Impossible by Nancy Werlin

I've been meaning to get this one for ages and I'm just now getting round to it *shrugs*


For this next one, I took a bunch of pictures because the cover and just the book in general was so pretty, like it's colour inside - the ink is blue, the font is awesome, there's random pages with like handwritten notes and pictures and stuff and it's like a journal. (Ignore my chipped nail polish. O.o)







The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

I've gushed about the cover already, but it's so pretty isn't it? It's so pretty that I fully intend to send Julie a copy of it next time I'm buying books (because I think this is the UK cover? The US one isn't as lovely). Plus, the trailer for the book is awesome and it just sounds like one of those books I'm going to absolutely adore. /Gushing.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

This hasn't actually arrived yet but I pre-ordered it last week so it should get here in a few days. I like the Twilight series (read: I like the first three books and think the last one is just one big epic fail, but that's just my opinion) but I'm not blind to their flaws, I know that Stephenie Meyer is more of a story teller than some literary genius or anything, but I do like the series. And Bree's story sounds heartbreaking and maybe it'll be really great, who knows - it'll be interesting to see Smeyer write a story that doesn't end all rainbows and butterflies.

I also bought Jellicoe Road this week for Julie (because I have a habit of sending people my favourite books), but it was damaged when it arrived (stupid US postal service), so she's going to get a refund on it and buy a different book instead. I will get her to read JR at some point though! =P

Later.

P.s. Here, have a puppy next to some books. On my bed, on his polar bear blanket. His name is Kodi, I keep calling him Monkey, I'm sure one day he's going to think that's his name. *facepalm*



5 comments:

  1. Great new stuff! I want Impossible!

    I pre-ordered the Bree book too, I'm excited to get my hands on it! I wonder if she'll do the other characters too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ace week! Sisters Red is so good, and I agree that The Sky is Everywhere is beautiful. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Impossible but have yet to read it. Sisters Red and The Sky is Everywhere are both on my wishlist. The UK version of The Sky is Everywhere looks so amazingly pretty! Happy Reading. :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, heard really good things from Sister Red. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay someone I know is finally doing the summer novel challenge! Also I envy you for reading Sisters Red. I have Impossible and thought it was okay...
    I'm going to buy the Bree book because I want to and because I like the name Bree.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.