Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Warning: There is some language in this review in the very beginning. if you want to avoid it completely, don't read the review but know this is a MUST READ BOOK.



Incarceron
Catherine Fisher

Incarceron -- a futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery. It is a terrifying mix of high technology -- a living building which pervades the novel as an ever-watchful, ever-vengeful character, and a typical medieval torture chamber -- chains, great halls, dungeons. A young prisoner, Finn, has haunting visions of an earlier life, and cannot believe he was born here and has always been here. In the outer world, Claudia, daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, is trapped in her own form of prison -- a futuristic world constructed beautifully to look like a past era, an imminent marriage she dreads. She knows nothing of Incarceron, except that it exists. But there comes a moment when Finn, inside Incarceron, and Claudia, outside, simultaneously find a device -- a crystal key, through which they can talk to each other. And so the plan for Finn's escape is born ...


The shiny cover and the dystopian involving love (since I can't have Matched or Delirium yet) really drew me in here. And OMG.

This book is, pardon my French and cover your eyes all those under 13, a mindfuck. A complete and utter mindfuck.

Now your eyes are safe here.

Not everything was said, so much as implied so I would sit there a second and try to figure it out. And then there was so many mysteries and twists and turns it was almost enough to make my brain spin.

But Claudia and Finn! It was so ridiculously cute and romantic and thank God for a heroine that kicks ass! Attia touched a part of my heart and she was adorably over protective. Gildas! Dear Gildas! And Keiro! *sigh*

Then all the crap with Jared. Poor, poor Jared. I really loved Jared and worried for his life for the entire novel. The queen and Caspar need to fall in a hole. Like, yesterday.

I just...I can't. This novel was so ridiculously amazing and shiny and new and OMG. I NEED SAPPHIQUE. I'm really tempted to order it from the UK then buy the shiny US copy when it comes out in December. But instead, it will be a Christmas present. I've already decided.

You guys NEED to read this book. And no you can't wait for Sapphique's release because there's no cliff hanger. I just need more Finn and Claudia because I'm a greedy brat with my books. GO BUY NAO.

--Julie

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds amazing. We can't keep it on the shelves at work (I'm a library assistant in our Teen area) and it's a YALSA Top 10 Nominee this year - so I knew it was going to be great, but I hadn't read any actual reviews yet. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this - now I know it has to be put on my must read pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm glad you liked it! You're right about Claudia. She was an awesomely strong heroine. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh i like the sound of this! sounds amazing awesome review and btw i sent you my address hope you got it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I neeeeeeed iiiiiit. Now. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review. I've been curious about this book!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.