Monday, 14 June 2010

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles


Perfect Chemistry
Simone Elkeles


A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.


I've seen this in the bookstore a thousand times. I didn't think it'd be my kind of thing. Last weekend, I needed some chick lit and impulsively grabbed this and the spin off.

WHY DID I NOT PICK THIS UP EARLIER?

It was so beyond amazing and good and I put this right up there with Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside and Shade and Hex Hall and Beautiful Creatures and every other book I've raved about on here. Just...GAH.

Alex, oh poor Alex. I wanted to cry for him and hug him all at once. And Brittany's sister made me smile. Then there was Paco and Isa and Sierra and just...GAH.

I am, quite honestly beyond words here. I can't say anything else without spoiling things or trying to reread it as soon as I finish Rules of Attraction.

You honestly need to read this book. I cannot wait to get my hands on the third book!

--Julie

6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this book. If you haven't already, you should pick up Simone's other series, Leaving Paradise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED to read Perfect Chemistry! I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet, but I am VERY excited for it, especially after all the great reviews I've heard about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Lauren just gave this to me as a graduation present. =) I'm excited to get into it; I've been dying to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all-time favorite books. I love love love it. I've given copies of it to all my girlfriends. So amazing. Glad you enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely fell IN LOVE with Perfect Chemistry and I wondered why I didn't pick it up earlier! I guess because I didn't really like the cover... but OMG. If you could have a book crush, Perfect Chemistry would be mine!

    I'm scared to read Rules of Attraction, I heard it was a lot better. OHMYGOSH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally agree the book was amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.