Thursday, 3 June 2010

Shadow of the Vampire by Meagan Hatfield

Note: This is not a YA book & has adult content not suitable for younger readers.

Shadow of the Vampire by Meagan Hatfield

Release date: 07/01/2010

Summary: Vampire princess Alexia Feodorovna has been undead for 125 years, so it's been a while since any man has made her pulse race. Until Declan Black. One look at his bronzed body and a fire like no other consumes her. Then she discovers that he's a dragon lord come to take revenge on the vamps who killed his parents. And claim a crystal said to imbue its owner with incredible powers.

Alexia is ordered to torture and kill the dragon lord. Yet with each reckless encounter, she finds herself consumed by his fiery passion. A passion Declan battles, as well. Will he be able to resist the fire of lust she kindles within him and keep revenge in his heart? Or will he risk everything to quench the burning desire and claim the vampire as his own?

Shadow of the Vampire
was absolutely fantastic. It's one of those books that had me staying up well past the point of tired because I didn't want to stop reading, I was hooked from the very first page.

I loved the world Meagan Hatfield created and adored the characters, especially Alexia and Declan. Meagan has a real talent for writing great characters and making their relationships believable.

The romance in the story was brilliant and I'm surprised by how real it felt. Often in stories where authors have the characters fall for each other quickly the relationship loses its believability and its charm but Meagan managed to condense all the best parts of falling in love realistically within a short period of time and I never once doubted the authenticity of Alex and Declan’s romance, I was impressed by that.

I can’t say much else without giving spoilers, I will say this though: this isn't normally the kind of book I would read, but I loved it so much that it has left me craving more and I can't wait to read more of Meagan's books.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.