Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Tallulah Falls by Christine Fletcher


Tallulah Falls
Christine Fletcher


When Tallulah Addy sets out on an impulsive cross-country trip to rescue her best friend, she doesn't anticipate getting stranded in rural Tennessee without a dime. Nor does she guess that rescuing a dog will land her a job in the local veterinarian’s office. But there, under the wary eye of ornery Dr. Poteet, Tallulah works harder than ever before, tending to animals of all shapes and sizes—and unexpectedly, to wounds long-buried in herself. Tallulah swears she'll leave the first chance she gets, yet when given the choice, it may prove harder to keep the promise to her friend than to say good-bye to the strangers who have become her new family.


This was a totally by chance buy. I was interested in Christine's other book, Ten Cents a Dance, but was in the mood for chick lit, so, I ordered this one.

From the surface, this seems like any other teenage girl, finding herself kind of book. Yet it's not just that. There's a lot more here. There's the mystery of her friend, Maeve, and of the vet's assistant, Kyle. There's the development we see as Tallulah grows and her new dog grows with her. Even Dr. Poteet is an enigma. You just have to keep reading to see exactly where Christine will take it next. And then the end totally threw me anyway!

I'm not crazy about the ending. It kind of made me want to throw it against a wall. But it was still kind of...right for the book. That will always kind of draw me back from this book, but I still really liked it.

I wish I could write more, but I got out of order with my reviews and at this point it's been like a month since I read it. Just know I REALLY liked this book and if you need some chick lit, this is another, somewhat overlooked, option.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.