Thursday, 8 July 2010

Book Secrets (1)

For lack of anything else to post today, I figured I'd do something fun. (I don't know if anyone has done this particular feature before?)

A lot of you/most of you/all of you have probably heard of Post Secret by now, or some variation of it (so far I've seen Glee Secrets, IMDb Secrets, DeviantArt Secrets etc.)... well, I thought it would be fun to do some book secrets.

We all have our own little reading loves, hates, pet peeves, quirks and habits that no one/not many people know about, this feature is about sharing some of those secrets (anonymously if you wish).

Now, onto the secrets we have so far (they aren't all mine, some were submitted by awesome people on twitter and MSN - a few were just text secrets and I put them on a picture):










Questions:

Do you like this kind of post? Would you like to see more Book Secrets posted occasionally (probably just whenever we have enough and there's nothing else to post on that day)?

What are your Book Secrets (or just one): answer in the comments or, if you would like them maybe to be included in future Book Secret posts, email them to me: bloggers-heart-books@hotmail.co.uk

Submission guidelines
(assuming anyone wants to submit anything):

-Can be a written secret or on a picture like my one was (feel free to submit more than one). In some cases, I might make a picture to go with text submissions (unless you say you don't want that).

-If it is done using a picture, please make sure to use stock photos or photos that are alright for you to use (as in, don't submit secrets using someone elses copyrighted pictures/art) or it could be something simple done on paint or mytheme.

-Mention in the email whether you would like your secret to be anonymous or credited to you (and how you want it to be credited: your name/nickname/blogger name/link to your blog etc. if you don't specify, I'll assume it's anonymous)

-Can be anything at all book related, e.g. "I can only read books upside down." or "I like to lick the pages of old books!" (I am hoping that the former isn't true for anyone though... imagine the paper cuts! o.O)

Later.

Stock credit for the first secret can be found in the description here.

Actual picture from the Belles library secret:
Real Gabinete Portugues De Leitura Rio De Janeiro

9 comments:

  1. Lol, I used to read the last page before I started a book...but then I finally learned to contain my enthusiasm ;)

    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I think you should keep going as long as you get submissions.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohemgee Ohemgee, I am guilty of all of them! Funny how I was guilty of the first, then I nodded at the second, and realised it could have easily been me writing those lmao. I'd def like to read more of em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I've already made two or three in my head. If you start this meme, I can make them for real. I heart post secret-y things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES I'd like to see more of this. What a great idea! And I totally read the last page first sometimes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I love PostSecret too so I find this very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.