Sunday, 11 July 2010

In My Mailbox (28)

In My Mailbox is a meme started by The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

Much slower week compared to the last few. Nice because my TBR is huge, bad because I don't feel like reading any of it. I actually started rereading Pride and Prejudice instead.



On Thursday, The Queen's Daughter showed up in the mail. I ordered it from Amazon using gift cards I got from swagbucks.com. I've been so excited to read this one, so YAY! (And I actually finished it yesterday. OMG sooooooooooo good. Definitely one of my favorites. And I want to fangirl Susan...again.)

A few hours later the UPS truck #1 (yea, I have two UPS guys. Two trucks, two separate arrival times.) dropped off a copy of Split. I've interview Swati (to come) and she offered to get me a copy from her publisher to review and I happily accepted! It sounds really good and I can't wait to read it.

On Friday, I got the signed Other bookmark, with a handwritten teaser from Karen, who has very bubbly handwriting. I also got the Caster Girls key chain, which I won from Kami Garcia and my brother managed to break already. And then there was that letter from Meridith College. Most of you don't know, but I'm going into my Junior year and I already have had 15ish letters from colleges. Most of the came in October/November, but this is a straggler. But these letters entertain me, so I thought I'd throw it in. (Yes I keep them all. I like my options open :P)

Then yesterday I got two little presents from other bloggers. Gail at Ticket to Anywhere sent me 3 Willow bookmarks. And Nicole at Word for Teens sent me one of her Bright Young Things samplers from BEA. We're supposed to be trading swag but I fail and haven't sent out hers yet. But I mean...I have to walk a mile to the post office. Do you know it's been over 100 degrees twice this week? RECORD BREAKING HEAT. I have VOWED to go on Tuesday, no matter what the weather is. Because I actually have several things to send out. (I fail.)

And that's it. I do know I will be actually going to Barnes and Noble either today or next week. I need to stock up on books for my vacation in August (because the 20 I have just isn't enough *facepalm*) and at the very least I'll be getting a gift card so I can order the books. Hence why I have to go today or next weekend to make sure they're here on time.

This week I will be participating in a Read-A-Thon, from Monday to Wednesday. So, you guys will get updates for that every...12 hours or so I guess. Woo! I have 5 books that I'm going to try to read, though I'm half way through one and may just abandon it cause...meh. I also want to finish my annual summer reread of Pride and Prejudice. I started it earlier this past week because nothing in my TBR appealed then The Queen's Daughter and Split got here. I'm expecting other things in the mail, so if anything else shows up they'll take priority over everything but Split. And yeah, I'll stop rambling now. :P

--Julie

Lanna:

Bought two books this week - The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom[Note from Julie: EPIC BOOK] and Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. And I got Troubadour by Mary Hoffman for review. That's all. :]

4 comments:

  1. I loved The Queen's Daughter too!! Susan is working on another Medieval historical right now and I can't read it! There's a link on her facebook page to an interview where she talks about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good week! My IMM is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! You have some sweet reading in your future :D Here is what I got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing great things about The Queens Daughter! I'm just going to have to go and grab it. Good luck with your Read-a-Thon, you've definitely got a good stock to choose from.
    ~Alyssa
    Teens Read and Write

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.