Thursday, 19 August 2010

The Bermudez Triangle by Maureen Johnson


The Bermudez Triangle
Maureen Johnson



When Nina learns the shocking truth that her best friends Mel and Avery have fallen in love with each other, their friendship is rocked by what feels like the ultimate challenge. But it's only the beginning of a painful, funny, and gripping journey as three girls discover who they are and what they really want.

Maureen Johnson is hilarious on twitter, so when I saw her book, I knew I HAD to grab it.

The beginning of the book made it obvious who was writing. The jokes and the characters sense of humor was similar to Maureen's and I loved it. It was funny and I kept smiling at all the little jokes and the sarcasm.

Then the book got serious. At times it felt like they were just going in circles, especially Avery and Mel. Nora was always the beacon, the person I looked forward to reading. She always had something new going on, something interesting.

Parker was another bright spot with his awkward humor. He was downright adorable, kind of reminding me of Daniel Gale from The Bad Mother's Handbook (for those who have seen it, if not I recommend it!). He was always there to lighten the mood.

Despite the occasional feeling that nothing was happening, something always was happening. It was slow moving and paced well so by the end of the book you realized that a LOT had happened.

This was a good book about friendships, friendships becoming more than that, long distance relationships, and coming out to yourself and the world.

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this one despite the fact that when things move too slowly for me, I get bored haha great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is there any way i can download this as an ebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DJSecreto: If you can find an ebook on a bookseller's site, you can buy it there. If it's not on any, then ebooks don't exist and any you find would be illegal.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.