Saturday, 21 August 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The Hunger Games
Suzanne Collins

Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with every one out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

"Julie, are you REALLY writing a review for this? A honest-to-God coherent review? A honest-to-God review of a book with mad fans similar to Harry Potter?"


Yes. Yes I am. Mostly because you never know when you'll have a day without a planned post and this is a good review to have in stock.


This book is like nothing I've ever read. It's jam-packed with thrills and adventure and so much more! (Yes, I'm aware I sound like I'm advertising a theme park.)


I knew vaguely how the book would end. I didn't know if the games would be over when the book ended, but I knew who had to survive. Despite this, my heart was pounding and I had to keep turning the page until I KNEW they were safe and in the clear.


My heart broke on several occasions. I cried. I stayed up until 4, only going to bed then because I knew my dad was getting up for work. I didn't sleep until 4:30.  I woke up at 9 for church. I started reading again after church until I finished. Then I started subtly hinting at my mom to go out so I could get Catching Fire. Mission failed. But then got her to pre-order Mockingjay. Will be scavenging CVS and grocery store for Catching Fire this week.


MAD WOMAN ON A MISSION.


NEED BOOK TWO.


RAWR.


Now, the incoherent part:


SLGKDFJNKXJM.;D,MGKLGJDHMS.MNGPEETAAAAAAAAKSLGSNVKJCNF,MNDPEETAAAAA
SLGFNJNCVBLJKNBLDGGRUERUERUESLGKSGFXNMRUEKSJFB,SNVSOBSOBSKJFDV


And...yeah...I'll stop now. 

Read it. After you have all three books in your possession.


--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Excellent review! I read this series, and I'm dying to read Mockingjay! It's definitely the best I've read in a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review! I LOVED The Hunger Games! I have already ordered Catching Fire, and I am going to get Mockingjay RIGHT when it comes out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I found and added Hunger Games to my to-read list just yesterday when browsing a books store with a fellow book lover who showed them to me :) Can't wait to get my hands on them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.