Wednesday, 4 August 2010

On Our Wishlist (1) - Lanna

On Our Wishlist is inspired by Breaking the Spine's Waiting on Wednesday.

There are probably a bunch of blog features like this one floating about out there, but basically, we decided to do this to cut back on the Waiting on Wednesday's because they became more like a weekly chore for Julie with the formatting of the posts and such.

But anyway, on the first and third Wednesday of every month, we're just going to do a wish list post of 10 yet-to-be released books that we're dying to read (well, the number of books on the list may vary, but for now it's 10). One post will be mine and the other will be Julie's.

Anyway, onto the wish list... and the majority of these will probably be on pretty much every bloggers list, but they're the ones I'm most looking forward to (well, there are others, but Julie's either already mentioned them in her WoW's or will in her OOW post) so I figured I'd start with these before getting to the lesser known ones.


1. Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

This book just sounds epic and really original and the whole horsemen of the apocalypse thing has always interested me, I've even written a few stories about them myself (although, I don't write well and I'm unpublished).

2. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

I have wanted this one ever since I first saw the cover (US cover -- even though I live in the UK, I'll probably pay extra to get the US one because it brings the awesome!)... if I sell my soul, will someone give me a copy? =P


3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver

This one just sounds all kinds of fantastic -- romance + dystopian = win. I like book math. ;)

4. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

I can never really remember what this one is supposed to be about, all that sticks with me is that I want it.


5. The Back Door of Midnight by Elizabeth Chandler

I love this series so much, it's even been one of my Old Skool Favourites posts. I knew they had repackaged the books, releasing them in bind up form (with gorgeous covers), but I got so insanely excited when I saw there was going to be a new book in the series.

6. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan & Rachel Cohn

I did a WoW post for this way back when I first heard about it, but back then it didn't have a summary released and now it does and I want to read it even more. When David and Rachel co-write stories, the end results are just all kinds of epic.


7. Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman

I admit it, this one was more cover love than anything else. I knew I wanted it before I even read what it was about -- knowing what it's about has intrigued me, but the cover is still the biggest appeal.

8. Trance by Linda Gerber

Again, this one is like Paranorlmacy -- I read the summary at some point and it got filed in the "WANT!" part of my brain and even after I've forgotten the summary, the book has remained on my want list.


9. Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin

I am judging a book by it's cover... because I've forgotten what it's about? *Fails*

10. Overprotected by Jennifer Laurens

I don't really like the cover, I'm glad I read the summary first cause if I was going by just the cover I probably would've have bothered with this book but it sounds awesome. I don't think the covers of Jennifer's books do them justice because she's really good author. (For the summary, when you click the link you'll need to scroll through the blog post -- it doesn't have a goodreads page yet.)

I think I need to make some sort of release date calendar for my wish list books, because I always forget when books are coming out.

Later.

5 comments:

  1. This is pretty much the best list ever. I got Hunger from netgallery about a week ago, but haven't read it yet. For some reason it doesn't want to open on my Nook so I'll have to read it on my computer, of course it's worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least half of these are on my wishlist too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several of these are on my wishlist as well. So many pretty covers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Replacement, Delirium, Paranormalcy and Extraordinary are all very high on my list. Can't wait to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *files all books away in the "I WANNA READ THAT" part of my brain.*

    These books sound AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.