Monday, 2 August 2010

Re-create a cover: Thirteenth Chime

So Khadija over at Black Fingernailed Reviews is doing a re-create a cover thing for the release of Thirteenth Chime by Emma Michaels and seeing as I am a complete cover whore and one of my favourite pass times (read: ways to procrastinate) is playing on photoshop, I figured I'd try.

Original cover:




My cover (click for full size):


Normally I stick to stock photos, but I remembered that in my interview with Emma, she said who she'd like to play the characters if it were a movie and then I remembered this picture of Kristin and wanted to mess around with it on photoshop. It's not very good, but whatever, the original cover is too gorgeous to even begin to compete with. =/

About the stock photo thing, funny fact: there was already one entry when I found the contest... and the entry used the exact stock photo I was going to use (the same stock photo I used for my NaNoWriMo book, Whisper). =P

Later.

P.s. not an entry, but here's one of the variations of the one I made, with a clock layer on it (by variations, I totally mean I pushed buttons and hoped for the best)

4 comments:

  1. I like it :) Great job it looks really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the first one you made, I love the eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! i love the first one. It's very good. I'm jealous of your photoshop skills. I've always wanted to learn. great job :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.