Sunday, 26 September 2010

In My Mailbox (39)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie.

 This week wasn't *as* epic, but still epic. I still had money on a Barnes and Noble gift card and was able to pick up a bunch of bargain books! Yay bargains!



For Review:

Bought:
Tantalize by Cynthia Leitch Smith
Confessions of a Teenage Nanny: Rich Girls by Victoria Ashton


I'm actually going to Heather Brewer's signing next weekend, so I'm really happy I was able to pick up another one of the books. And if anyone else is going to her signing October 3, let me know. I'd love to make this my first author signing AND first interwebs meeting!

--Julie

[Clears throat] Hello, my name is Alanna and I am a... bookaholic?

No, but really, I bought a bunch of books this week and I really shouldn't have - Mount TBR is beyond insane. I think I'll build a Mount TBR fort and take a picture of it at some point. Anyway, onto the books:


For review:









(Note: these are the UK covers)



Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly - I'm half way through this one already and it's fantastic.


Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey - I can't wait to read this, I adored the first book so much and while the second book wasn't quite as awesome, I still really liked it a lot.


Mercy by Rebecca Lim - I didn't expect to get this one so early and I was so happy when it arrived.



Bought:


I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith - On tumblr, someone posted the last line of this book and it made me want to read it... and then I saw the cover and had to have it and then I saw Cat Clarke, author of Entangled (review and contest here), mention it and it wormed its way to the top of my To Buy list. I also bought the DVD.


Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - I don't know why I've never read this before... I'm buying more classics recently, so I can finally get round to seeing what the big deal is about the ones I've not read (I loved the movie of the book).


The Duff by Kody Keplinger - I've wanted this one for so long, I was going to wait a while to get it (because new book + hardcover + not released in the UK = more expensive to buy here in the UK), but patience is a virtue that I'm lacking.


Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver - I meant to buy this one ages ago, just now getting round to it.


Personal Demons by Stacia Kane - I wanted the new Personal Demons by Lisa Desrocher but I couldn't find it on the UK amazon, it says the release date is in October, so I stumbled across this one and got it instead.


Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough - This is the reason why I bought this one, I love the cover art:




What did you get this week?

Later.


5 comments:

  1. Confessions of a teenage nanny sounds like a fun read! Great selection and a fun vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I Fall, The DUFF and I Capture the Castle are all great. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I love the cover of Once a Witch. I really liked Revolution. I hope you enjoy them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the art cover for Once a Witch IS gorgeous!
    Great books this week. Enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.